The meeting will be at the State Bar Building, 306 Townsend St., Lansing. Lunch will be served at 12:00 noon.
I. Welcome and introductions. (Bob Gillett)
II. Discussion items
A. Report from SCAO (Beth Barber)
B. Report on the Detroit Bankruptcy Case (Marilyn Mullane et al.)
C. Ability To Pay Workgroup (Libby Hines and Bob Gillett)
III. Updates. On the other areas that the SPB has been following, we are inviting written reports prior to the meeting or brief oral reports at the meeting. Please let us know if you would like to give an oral report at the meeting.
We have noted some issues where there have been developments and we are expecting a report. If you feel like you need more than 5-10 minutes for an in person report or if you would like to move a topic from the shorter report to the longer report section of the agenda, please contact Bob Gillett at firstname.lastname@example.org . If you have written materials, please send them to Bob electronically.
A. Longer Updates
1. Report on LSC's 40th Anniversary Event---all participants are invited to give brief reflections.
2. Update on the Supreme Court Task Force on the Mandatory Bar (Lori Buiteweg, et al.)
3. Update on In re: Sanders. Amici request---In re: Farris (Ann Routt)
4. Juvenile Justice Issues: Follow up to Juvenile Lifer cases (Kim Thomas; Bob Gillett)
5. Indigent Defense Commission (Kim Thomas and Dawn Van Hoek)
6. Unbundling (Linda Rexer and Eliza Facio)
B. Shorter Updates
1. Michigan Legal Help Program (Linda Rexer, Ang Tripp)
2. E-filing update (Angela Tripp)
3. Civil Right to Counsel (Linda Rexer)
4. Amicus update (Ann Routt)
5. Native American Issues (Jim Keedy)
6. State Bar Committee on Justice Initiatives (Candace Crowley)
7. Pro Bono (Bob Gillett, Candace Crowley)
8. LEP Developments (Susan Reed and Candace Crowley)
9. Immigration Developments (Susan Reed)
10. Connecting clients with wage and hour claims with advocacy resources (John Philo, David Blanchard, Angela Tripp)
III. 2015 Meeting Schedule
We are hoping to move the 2015 meeting schedule to either the 3rd Tuesday or the 3rd Wednesday of January, April, July, and October. (A couple members have a standing conflict with the 4th Tuesday.) Please come to the meeting ready to express a preference---or e-mail Bob Gillett ahead of time.